- Initial Consultation for Getting a Website
We’ll meet over the phone or in person to discuss your website needs.
- First Deposit
To begin the job, we require a deposit and a signed contract.
- Page Content
We’ll determine how many pages you will need and whether or not you have existing material to fill those pages. Getting a website can be delayed if you do not have content. We highly recommend Professional SEO Copywriting services.
Use Microsoft Word
It is best to provide text in some sort of computerized format such as Microsoft Word. This will speed up the process. CD, zip or floppy is an acceptable format. You may also email the text data for your website. If however, you do not have any text online, you can provide hand written or printed material but that will slow down the process and may cost extra.
- Artwork (jpg, gif or tif format)
The best possible method for providing graphics is to supply computer images (i.e. jpg, gif, tif). This will guarantee the highest quality. If you don’t have computer images — brochures, photographs and other printed material will work too but often times a scanned image of printed material may result in a lesser quality image.
- Concept Approval
The first major milestone is the concept design. WebLadyBug will design a website template in preparation for text and pictures. You will be able to view the template in a staging/test area located on WebLadyBug’s server.
- Second Deposit
After we have received sign off for the concept the second deposit will be required and the work will continue.
- Construction and Completion of your website
Believe it or not, now comes the easy part of getting a website. Your text and photographs will be arranged on each page. You will be able to view it remotely from your computer. You can email or call in a final punch list of changes and corrections.
- Final Approval and Payment
- When the website is completely ready to be launched, you will sign it off and give WebLadyBug the final deposit.
- Website Launch!
After receiving the final payment, we will copy your website to the server. We will tweak any final modifications
- Search Engine Submission
Your website will be submitted to the search engines.
Editing Tips for new AND Existing Customers
There are several ways to communicate changes and corrections. You can do it by phone, by fax or by email. If you have a really complex document the BEST way to communicate changes is to follow these editing tips.
- Open a browser window and go to the address of your test site.
- With your mouse, highlight text to be changed on your webpage and do a copy (control ‘c’ for PC users)
- Paste that text into a Microsoft Word Document ( control ‘v’ for PC users)
- You can indicate that a word or group of words should be DELETED from your website with the strike through feature in Microsoft Word.
To strike througha word or group of words, highlight the text you wish to strike throughOn the Word Menu, click on Format then select Fontsfrom the drop down menuA font window will appear – in the Effects section click the checkbox next to strike through. This will strike through the word or words you have selected.
- To ADD a word or group of words, insert the text into the existing text and distinguish it as a new addition by making it a different color such as red.
The end result will look something like this: It will be really easy to see the words and phrases you have added and it will also show those incorrect words and phrases you wish to delete.